Magnesium is gaining an increasingly prominent role as an essential mineral, because many people suffer from a magnesium deficiency. This deficiency can be caused by a change of diet, but also by the fact that food contains less and less magnesium. An unhealthy lifestyle and certain medication can also influence magnesium levels in the human body. Low levels of magnesium results in reduced resistance to stress and tension. That is why magnesium chloride is an important ingredient in many (natural) cosmetics and in salt baths.
The role of magnesium in the human body
Magnesium plays a role in several processes in the human body:
- For maintaining strong bones
- It aids in the cell division process
- It helps build (body) protein
- It activates the natural energy in the body
- It contributes to strong teeth
- It contributes to learning performance and the ability to concentrate
- It plays a role in maintaining flexible and strong muscles
- It helps with tiredness/fatigue
- It contributes to the normal functioning of nerves
Nedmag supports the research conducted by the University Medical Center Groningen (UMCG) into the effects of magnesium on blood pressure, intestinal health, and stiffness of blood vessels.
Magnesium skin care
Magnesium chloride is increasingly being used for cosmetic, medical and wellness purposes. It is an important ingredient in a wide range of (natural) cosmetics and in salt baths.