Calcium chloride is a by-product during the production of magnesium oxide and is one of the most versatile chemicals. It has unique chemical and physical qualities, making its applications endless. Calcium chloride is sold as tech, feed, and food. These three products are available in liquid and solid state.
Calcium chloride has many applications. It is highly suitable for use in the food industry (cheese production), in the oil and gas industry, as a raw material for fertiliser or animal feed, in road maintenance, and in wastewater treatment.
Nedmag's calcium chloride liquid is available in concentrations from 16 to 38%. Different standard concentrations apply to different products:
- CaCI2 tech: 33, 36 and 38%
- CaCl2 feed: 36%
- CaCI2 food: 34 and 36%.
Nedmag's calcium chloride prills are small balls of calcium chloride containing less than 0.5% water. Our calcium chloride prills have a standard concentration of 96%. The prills are available as:
- 25 kg bags (CaCI2 tech, CaCI2 feed and CaCI2 food)
- Bigbags (CaCI2 tech)
Nedmag's calcium chloride has been registered with ECHA in compliance with REACH, the pan-European regulation for the registration, evaluation, and authorisation of chemicals. Registration number: 01-2119494219-28-0016. Our products do not classify as "a substance of very high concern."
CaCI2 food and feed liquid and prills meet or exceed the specific requirements for the feed and food industry.
- EU Food Additive Ordinance 231/2012 (E509)
- Food Chemical Codex most recent edition
- 19 JECFA (1975) and 63 JECFA (2004) (Nedmag's calcium chloride passes the chloride and calcium test)
- Is of mineral origin and registered as such in the EU Catalogue of feed materials.
- Meets the requirements of EU Directive 2002/32 regarding undesirable substances in animal nutrition.