Nedmag produces calcium chloride as a by-product from magnesium oxide production. Calcium chloride is one of the most versatile chemicals. It has unique chemical and physical qualities, making its applications endless. Calcium chloride is manufactured as liquid and solid product and sold as tech, feed, and food grade.
Calcium chloride is used in many applications. Calcium chloride food grade is used in the food industry (a.o. cheese production). While other grades are used in the oil and gas industry, as a raw material for fertiliser or animal feed, in road maintenance, and in wastewater treatment.
Calcium chloride food grade
- Correspond to EU Food Additive Ordinance 231/2012 standards (E509)
- Complies to the most recent edition of Food Chemical Codex (FCC)
- Passes tests for 19 JECFA (1975) and 63 JECFA (2004)
Calcium chloride feed grade
- Is used in fertilisers as well as in animal feed.
- Is of mineral origin and registered as such in the EU Catalogue of feed materials.
- Meets the requirements of EU Directive 2002/32 regarding undesirable substances in animal nutrition.
Nedmag's calcium chloride has been registered with ECHA in compliance with REACH, the pan-European regulation for the registration, evaluation, and authorisation of chemicals. Registration number: 01-2119494219-28-0016. Our products do not classify as "a substance of very high concern."
CaCI2 food and feed liquid and prills meet or exceed the specific requirements for the feed and food industry.
Calcium chloride products
Nedmag's calcium chloride is available in bulk as clear liquid in concentrations from 16 to 38%. Different standard concentrations apply to different products:
- CaCI2 tech: 33, 36 and 38%
- CaCl2 feed: 36%
- CaCI2 food: 34 and 36%.
Nedmag's calcium chloride prills are solid particles of calcium chloride containing less than 0.5% water. Our calcium chloride prills have a standard concentration of 96%. The prills are available as:
- 25 kg bags (CaCI2 tech, CaCI2 feed and CaCI2 food)
- Bigbags (CaCI2 tech) from 1000 kg