Magnesium chloride (MgCI₂) from Nedmag is produced out of bischofite layers from the former Zechstein Sea. The source is a unique salt layer under the ground containing high purity magnesium chloride.
Applications of magnesium chloride
The element magnesium is important for the human body, animals and crops. Nedmag’s magnesium chloride is used as magnesium source in animal feed and crops as well as in topical health & wellness applications, distributed by our partner Zechstein. A new application is the enrichment of manure to close the phosphate cycle, resulting in an increased yield of crops and healthier livestock. Pure Health & Earth, our newest brand, offers Magnesium chloride food grade for sodium reduction and magnesium enrichment in an abundance of food related applictions such as cheese making, bakery and meat, fish & alternatives.
In addition to this Magnesium chloride is also available for usage in a diverse range of technical applications.
Nedmag's magnesium chloride is available in different variants and quantities. Find more information below.
Liquid magnesium chloride
Nedmag’s magnesium chloride solution (32%) is available in bulk quantities in two varieties:
- PQ (Purified Quality): a transparent liquid for high-grade applications, such as detergents, textiles and feed. Available as MgCI₂ tech and MgCI₂ feed.
- FQ (Fine Quality): a colourless to pale yellow liquid. FQ is particularly suitable for wastewater treatment, de-icing, dust control, and various industrial applications. Available as MgCI₂ tech.
Magnesium chloride flakes
Magnesium chloride flakes are small white flakes of magnesium chloride hexahydrate (MgCl₂.6H₂O) with a 47% MgCl₂ content.
Magnesium chloride flakes MgCI₂ tech and MgCI₂ feed are available in both big bags of 1000 kg and 25 kg bags.
Magnesium chloride crystals
Magnesium chloride food crystals (99.0% pure) is a pure magnesium chloride hexahydrate (MgCl₂.6H₂O), which can be used in a wide variety of food products and applications, giving benefits such as:
• salt reduction up to 60%
• improved texture and solids
• taste enhancement
• water binding capacity
• shelf-life extension.
• magnesium enrichment
Magnesium chloride food crystals (99.0% pure) are available in 25 kg bags.
Quality of our magnesium chloride
Nedmag's MgCI₂ tech and MgCI₂ feed are naturally occurring mineral products that have not been chemically modified. As such, both products are exempted from registration and evaluation in accordance with Annex V of REACH. Furthermore our products do not classify as "a substance of very high concern".
- Is used in fertilisers as well as in animal feed.
- Is of mineral origin and registered as such in the EU Catalogue of feed materials.
- Meets the requirements of EU Directive 2002/32 regarding undesirable substances in animal nutrition.
Interested to know more about magnesium chloride? Read about related applications using the buttons below.