Magnesium chloride (MgCI₂) from Nedmag is produced out of bischofite layers from the former Zechstein Sea. The source is a unique salt layer under the ground containing high purity magnesium chloride.
Applications of magnesium chloride
The element magnesium is important for the human body, animals and crops. Therefore, Nedmag’s magnesium chloride is used as magnesium source in animal feed and crops. It is also used in topical health & wellness applications, distributed by our partner Zechstein. A new application is the enrichment of manure to close the phosphate cycle, resulting in an increased yield of crops and healthier livestock. Besides, the product is used in a diverse range of technical applications.
Nedmag's magnesium chloride is available in different variants and quantities. Find more information below.
Liquid magnesium chloride
Nedmag’s magnesium chloride solution (32%) is available in bulk quantities in two varieties:
- PQ (Purified Quality): a transparent liquid for high-grade applications, such as detergents, textiles and feed. Available as MgCI₂ tech and MgCI₂ feed.
- FQ (Fine Quality): a colourless to pale yellow liquid. FQ is particularly suitable for wastewater treatment, de-icing, dust control, and various industrial applications. Available as MgCI₂ tech.
Liquid magnesium chloride food grade >99% (E511 quality) is available in IBC’s.
Magnesium chloride flakes
Magnesium chloride flakes are small white flakes of magnesium chloride hexahydrate (MgCl₂.6H₂O) with a 47% MgCl₂ content.
Magnesium chloride flakes MgCI₂ tech and MgCI₂ feed are available in both big bags of 1000 kg and 25 kg bags.
Magnesium chloride food grade >99% (E511 quality) is available in 25 kg bags.
Magnesium chloride pellets
Magnesium chloride pellets are small, white to transparent pellets of magnesium chloride hexahydrate (MgCl₂.6H₂O) with a 47% MgCl₂ content. The shape of the pellets makes them easy to use for de-icing.
Nedmag's magnesium chloride pellets are available as MgCI₂ tech. The pellets are available on request in 50 lbs bags.
Quality of our magnesium chloride
Nedmag's MgCI₂ tech and MgCI₂ feed are naturally occurring mineral products that have not been chemically modified. As such, both products are exempted from registration and evaluation in accordance with Annex V of REACH. Furthermore our products do not classify as "a substance of very high concern".
- Is used in fertilisers as well as in animal feed.
- Is of mineral origin and registered as such in the EU Catalogue of feed materials.
- Meets the requirements of EU Directive 2002/32 regarding undesirable substances in animal nutrition.
Interested to know more about magnesium chloride? Read about related applications using the buttons below.